Friday, August 3, 2012

Life's happenings

I know I am doing a terrible job keeping everyone updated this summer but I'm trying I promise......

Here goes the newest thoughts and updates

So.... Where to begin... Work is going well.... I have been getting a lot accomplished which is always good... I feel productive anyway... The boss has been away for a month so it's been kind of lax hours which will make it hard to get back to normal next monday but I guess I gotta suck it up now that Im a big girl with a 9-5 job haha. I finished all the controls for the circadian experiment I was working on with my collaborator from Chicago. Now I just have to start writing the paper we are hoping to get published based on the results...  We have a new post-doc in the lab now and he is going to be working on real time PCR with me starting Monday so we will see how that goes... I am not taking classes this coming fall because of Antarctica but Im thinking about sitting in on a biochem just so I know whats going on when I take it in the spring.... Im such a weirdo... I might be doing my seminar this semester instead of next too since i can't take classes. Hopefully it goes better than last time and I dont sound like a conceited bitch which evidently is how I came across last time even though that wasn't my intentions.......

speaking of Antarctica... Im getting more and more excited the closer it gets but it also gets more and more terrifying... I dread spending all the money on the warm clothes but at least I should be able to use some of it for caving and hiking with Phil after I get back.... Thats another big part of the fear.... Leaving Phil.....I dont like the thought of it at all... Its not like Im expecting him to go running into the arms of another girl, I think I know him better than that but Im just not liking the idea of being away from him.... The more nights we hang out and the more mornings we wake up together the more I fear not waking up to him or seeing him when I get home at night... I love him so much and Im not looking forward to being away from him for 8 weeks.... We were talking about it the other night and he was getting sad and I couldn't help but change the subject because i just know that if I see him upset Im going to break down and lose it... Ive been so good about not crying or thinking sad things but if I saw him sad I wouldn't be able to hold back... I already know I will sob like a small child at the airport but Im going to put it off for as long as possible which knowing me means it will get harder and harder the closer we get to that time..... I hope he doesn't realize it was easy to live without me by the time I get back....

Which leads me to Phil and my's newest adventure..... house hunting.... He has set it in his mind that he wants to buy a house... We looked at a few in Oxford but they were crap so then he started looking into Ross and Hamilton ohio.... I dont mind living a little farther from Oxford since right now he is driving 40 minutes to work each day, it seems only fair that we split the distance.... Im not gonna lie though I will be sad to leave oxford commons... I love my little apartment and my huge closet and the work out center and the closeness to the school. But Im pretty sure I can adapt. The way I figure it Ill just claim the spare bedroom for my closet haha and as far as working out goes I think it might even make me more disciplined... I might start going to the gym at like 7:30 every morning so I can work out til 8:30 then still get to work by 9 since the gym is on campus and I doubt a ton of people will be there at that time in the morning. Then I can get my workout in before work and then when 5pm rolls around I can head home to spend the evening with my baby. Its kinda interesting though looking for a house... I mean its not exactly how I imagined it but Its not bad either... I dont know what I imagined really but I guess I always imagined moving directly into a house I was going to build a family in but that isn't really practical the more I think about it... Neither of us are in a financial position to buy a house like that... I never imagined searching for my "starter home" but thats definitely what we are doing. We even found a cute little two bedroom that would be a good size for us to get started.... I dont know if its the one we will decide upon or not but I can tell he is super excited about it which makes it easier for me to get excited about it... I kind of was hoping for a small dining room or a big enough kitchen for a 6 seater table just so i can have people over and cook for them but I don't know how realistic that is either.... Phil is amazing when it comes to construction and stuff like that so I have no doubt in my mind that  even if we bought some crappy little joint he could make it amazing for us... Really when I get to thinking about it I dont care where we live because I know that the two of us would make it a home.... We have enough love for each other that the home would be filled with love and no matter what it would be ours and we would make it perfect..... I think its more important for us to be together than where we are together at..... Any house could become a home... but I get more excited about house hunting the longer we do it.... If it hasn't already I bet something perfect will fall into our laps soon.... Or at least I hope so......

I can think of a few more topics but I need to get ready to leave for Phil's parents house... We are headed to a Sugarland concert down at Riverbend tonight so Ill try to update the rest this weekend....

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment