Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend, Prayers, Shout-out, and Superbowl

So how adorable are we?!?

Alright so I'm going to start this post with an update on my life for my sisters and friends reading this post..

I had an amazing weekend with the love of my life... So I had an exam Friday afternoon so Phil and I decided to go away for the weekend since I wouldn't have homework to do and he wouldn't have too much to do that weekend with school either. So after my test and after he got off of work on Friday we met up at his house and headed to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky. His family has a neat place there on the water so we decided to get away from it all! We took our time getting there and stopped for dinner but by around 10pm we finally got there safe and sound. It was a great trip just talking and holding hands and he let me listen to my IPOD and we listened to ridiculous music for most of the way which just made me smile... I thought I'd be exhausted but for some reason when I'm in his presence I want to be wide awake. So after we went down to the water for a bit we decided to build a fire and relax outside for awhile. It is crazy that we had such amazing weather for the first weekend in February. Which reminds me: happy Leap Year month hahah
So Saturday we headed to Cumberland Falls to do some hiking and site seeing. The falls were amazing and it was cool how close we could get to them.
Yea I was rocking the toledo attire




Here is a cool picture of the falls. So yea we had it in our heads that we would do some hiking and there are some great trails there so we headed out... At first we were just exploring on the beach but that soon led to climbing over rocks and before we knew it we were heading up the mountain....  I've decided that I am not so secretly dating Spiderman. There were these two rocks with a small cavern in between them so he decided to just climb up between them using his strength and amazingness.... *yes that's a word, I just decided* just check this out


And then he ended up wayyyyyyyyy up there...... Can you see him.... Look closely........
And so I took the long way up and eventually we were headed up the mountain again.... Did you find him in that last photo?? Try to find me now....
Yea that's me on top of that rock... not nearly as impressive as his spiderman feats but I was super excited!!!  I've never really done that before so I was excited.... It makes me really want to go caving with him... Oh yea he goes caving... How cool is that? And get this... he actually wants to take me not just leave me at home to cook and clean hahah I am really excited about trying it though... After this expedition I need to get some legit hiking boots because I think I just found my new hobby. It is so nice to be with someone who enjoys the outdoors so much... I think it would drive me nuts if he was an inside all the time kind of guy... He just keeps getting more and more perfect.... SIDE NOTE: If anyone has ideas for good valentines day presents for boys let me know... I have one AMAZING idea and 1 super cute idea  that I am doing but I am just curious what other people do too....
ANYWAY I thought my sister Jenni would enjoy this photo... I already told mom about it.. Mom and I say "the hills have eyes" kind of a place and this is it...
Anyone who watches scary movies knows what I mean by that "the hills have eyes" kind of a place... it was fun to explore though even though it was super dark and creepy inside we got the jist of the place hahah
So after we were both a muddy mess we decided to head back to the car and went home to get cleaned up. Then he took me out to a nice dinner (perfect guy right?) It was nice getting to be all tom boy in the morning and cleaned up chic girl in the evening... I love days like that. After dinner we went to go see a movie "Man on a ledge" and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it... It was awesome... just ask anyone who sat anywhere near Phil during the movie... I love going to movies with him he gets so excited when he figures out what is going on... I think he forgets we aren't alone but I love that about him... You guys should have seen this theater though... it only sat like 50 people and had 5 rows of seats haha it was definitely a small town kind of movie theater (Yes there are theaters smaller than Bryan Ohio- can you believe it?)
Sunday morning we slept in to say the least before we decided to head home....
This is us being sad that the weekend was over and we were heading back to Ohio.... Don't we have awesome pouty faces?? Who could tell a face like that "no"? I think he and I need to decide to never use our powers for evil only good... hahaha These are pretty powerful pouts and you know they say "with great power comes great responsibility"
Side note #2: Finally had HotHead burritos --- they seem a lot like Chipotle... It didn't seem to be too much different with the exception of sauces... who knows...

So I had one of those moments when something finally sinks in... Maybe you have experienced this... You know how you hear something multiple times and you think you believe it but then out of nowhere something happens and "poof" you actually believe it.... He made a comment and it involved him thinking I was beautiful... And I've had men tell me that before but it never really sank in I guess.. but something was different about this... I believed him and I knew he meant it.... He really does think that and it feels good to finally believe someone....

It's always been hard for me to believe in myself and believe in other people... If you are an ex of mine... please stop reading... I beg of you.... skip down to the next paragraph... anyway... I have had some good relationships and some very bad ones... I am kind of a serial monogamous I think. A few serious boyfriends often over 2-3 years but never ending well (especially one in particular which I'm not ready to discuss yet) but then out of the blue "God Bless the Broken Road" that led me straight to him.... I believe in him, I am proud of him, I love him, he amazes me on a daily basis. I love everything about him and I continue to fall for him every day. Even the little stuff is amazing... I am attempting to get ready and decide I need to come collapse on him for just a minute and he just opens his arm to let me into my nook in his shoulder and continues doing what he was doing after giving the top of my head a peck. then after just a minute I get up to go back to getting ready... even little stuff like that amazes me... he lets me be me which is new to me too..... Even after talking to Twin on the phone tonight.. She knows something changed inside me and I act differently now... happier...

OK OK OK ENOUGH LOVEY DOVEY I PROMISE

So on to self realization
So I almost got smooshed *also a word I just decided is a real word* by an 18 wheeler tanker yesterday... I was entering an intersection where three cars had already passed safely, this big truck runs the red light and almost gets me in the drivers side. I sped up at the last second and made it safely through the intersection.... I wonder if it was as close as I feel like it was.... I don't know but I am just glad it was all ok. It must have just been another example of God looking out for me while reminding me that he was there. Maybe he made sure I didn't enter the intersection 3 seconds later or maybe he kept the semi 2 seconds slower into the intersection.... either way fate or God or whatever you choose to believe it was ok... I personally choose to believe that it was him looking out for one of his daughters while reminding me to be thankful for the days he has given me... Which was a great reminder after the wonderful weekend I had just had... I saw a saying that read
"What if all you had tomorrow was what you thanked God for yesterday?"

Hmm Good point huh...  How often do we pray, not to ask for anything but to offer thanks for what we have been given. I know that for the rest of the drive home I was slightly shaken and instantly wanted to Thank God for looking out for me even when I faulter and even though I am often selfish and only talk to him when I need something... Which I know he is happy to help those who help themselves but I wanted to thank him for the great weekend and for everything he had given me since I had last thanked him... I need to start talking to him more and thank him for the wonderful life he has given me... I think we all do

Shout out to two of my friends this week: Megan and Kylie
Megan: You are an amazing and strong woman with the faith of saint and I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished and been through. You are so intelligent and I have no doubt in my mind that you will touch the lives of so many people and you will help so many people...  You are an inspiration and I am glad we are friends....
Kylie: I know it was a song but you said it was how you felt and I think you too are an amazing woman. You face each trial and tribulation with strength and faith and love. Your devotion to your family and friends amazes me and I am glad to be part of it. You too are a strong and phenomenal woman and I know you will find that one way to "touch someones life" and change it and I know you will "make that significant impact" on someone someday!!

NOT SO HEAVY OK OK OK  HAHA

PATRIOTS LOST!!! HOORAY
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaah

Yes Yes I know I am a die hard Steelers Fan and shouldn't be cheering for anyone else... but lets me honest here.... there were two crowds for this superbowl... Patriot fans and Every other fan in the world wanting to see Brady lose (Ocho cinco not getting a ring was a little funny too--- we'll attribute that to being a steelers fan) Personally I think the M&M commercial was my favorite but of course Betty White is amazing and never fails to crack me up... and I liked the doritos commercials but I was slightly disappointed with most of the other commercials though.... nothing amazing and nothing really stood out to me.... I think its funny that ESPN and CNN was analyzing commercials today while I was on the treadmill going for a run... Political this Controversial that.... blah blah blah... *M&M dancing to "Im sexy and I know it..." heheheheheeh
hahahah Loved it.......

Ok I guess that will do it for the novel tonight... I had a few other things I was going to write about but I guess I will save it for tomorrow... I think this is getting a little too long... I dont want to lose anyone with my excessive posts hahaha so until we meet again...
Happy reading... I hope your days are filled with Joy and Love and I hope you realize just how beautiful and amazing you are..... I am lucky to know you....

No comments:

Post a Comment