Monday, April 16, 2012

People are odd sometimes

So I think I am going to do a mass deletion on facebook... Here is what I plan to get rid of

1) Anyone associated with an ex that wasn't in my life prior to that ex and haven't talked to since
2) Anyone I don't remember or haven't talked to in over a year
3) Negativity... I was scrolling through the news feed and a few people had statuses that were very negative... so Im thinking "hey they are having a bad day lets go to their wall and leave a nice note" when low and behold every status is negative... "I hate this, I hate that, people suck, life sucks, etc..." And it gets tiring just reading it... I mean everyone has bad days and Ill be the first to admit that sometimes I get like that and have a random "this sucks" post but not every single one... why are these people so angry and negative and upset with the world? Why does everything bother them... why is every other person annoying? I thought I'd just pray for them and get that kind of negativity out of my life.. that are too many good things in life to focus on the negative and I honestly don't want to be brought down by it. It would be different if it was a close friend going through a tough time but some of these people have been negative for years and all I can do it pray for them....

Turnabout new subject
My first seminar is tomorrow.. I can't believe how nervous I am.. just talking about it makes my stomach tie up in knots... I don't know why though... I teach.. Every week I stand in front of 20some kids and talk for at least 30 minutes... and then in my Ecology class I have had so far 3 presentations and I didn't have any problem with any of those and that was another 20 kids to talk in front of.... I don't know if I just don't want to look dumb in front of co-workers, or my boss, or if its the faculty.. but I am petrified... I was nervous my first time teaching and I kind of just got into my groove and it went away.. I am hoping that is what happens tomorrow and that out of nowhere I am just going to magically get confident and rock their socks off....
Hopefully Im not this nervous every time I have to present my research....

Turnabout new subject
This past weekend was my anniversary weekend with Phil... We have come such a long way and continue to grow together and it absolutely amazes me how utterly content I can be to just be laying in his arms or seeing him smile at me.... I never knew love like this existed and let me tell you.. I am not about to let it go. I am a very lucky woman to have such a great man in my life and I thank God every day for him.
Watched "warhorse" and if you haven't seen it yet, you should.... its awesome... It is funny to fall in love with an animal character and at points i was rooting for him and other times fearful for him.. it was awesome... Great movie

turnabout new subject
Its almost summer and I can't believe it... Time flies it seems... only 2 weeks left of class for the semester... next week my class has their final exam and then Im done teaching at least until spring semester of next year. (i wont be teaching in the fall due to the Antarctica trip and my being gone for the second half of the semester) It is going to be weird coming to work every single day for only work... from may until december there will be no teaching, no classwork, just my research... how cool is that? It is amazing to me and I hope I get a ton accomplished!!!  My summer collaboration begins mid May too which should be cool because I am going to be working with a man from University of Illinois at Chicago and it should be a good experience.

turnabout new subject
I am still losing weight... how cool is that? Its only about 2 pounds a week but hey 2 pounds and 2 pounds and I was trying on my entire wardrobe essentially for Phil this weekend while trying to find a seminar outfit and I realized that I have no dress pants or summer capris because they are all too big and fall off my hips when I walk, I have a ton of new shirts and cute half vests because they fit again (some of those vests haven't fit since Toledo) and it made me laugh because my ex and Erie Pennsylvania was sooo bad for my waistline.. another good reason that I got out there and away from medschool... not only was I depressed and hating life all the time but it was showing externally as well.... Now Im happy and healthy and fully in love!!! At this rate by the time I'm ready to become a married woman Ill be fitting into a much smaller and gorgeous wedding gown haha... A few more weeks and I will hopefully have to go jean shopping again haha... Loving it!!


OK This is long, Ill let you guys go now haha

Have a great week... God Bless xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment